Monday, April 27, 2020

A face off

Today is the day the Mayor of Grants, NM goes against the Governor and opens up small businesses. I am staying home because I do not want to get in the line of fire between the two. Although the governor will not appear in person. She is sending her troops to take care of the offenders to her rules. Although I believe after hearing some of the mayor's comments on TV, I agree with a resident who said he is an embarrassment to Grants.

I am reconsidering my opinion of the situation. My first question is, what qualifies the Governor to decide what is essential? Grants is a small town and she doesn't live here. As long as businesses are following the governments recommendations of masks and social distancing I do not see a problem with the decision to open up Grants.

I personally do not like wearing masks, but if that will help keep me and others safe I am willing to comply for the time being. The only problem I have with the Mayor's comments is when he invited others to come to Grants to shop. Seriously people stay home, we already have enough empty shelves and we don't need you buying up what is available.

Rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment