Saturday, February 15, 2020

Not a good fit

I went to lunch with a group of ladies yesterday, but I left feeling it was not a good fit, even though I knew a handful of those present. I had very little in common with them. One good thing is that I had rejected this particular restaurant soon after it opened and I found the food had improved. It is still like a ghost town though, which is what I didn't like when I first tried it out.

I did leave feeling that I needed to find or start a group more fitting to where I am now. I am a published writer and I need a group that matches my current interests. My writing has greatly improved since I last created a local writing group. Perhaps it is time to try again.

Living on a limited income I need a place that will offer free space. I don't want it to be a restaurant because the participants will feel obligated to order something. If the space is free then I don't have to charge anything. The two places I am thinking of are the family center and the senior citizen center. I need to check them both out.

It would be good to find a partner to help me. Perhaps a retired teacher who could help me convince the participants how important writing thoughts down is. It is kind of like a weight loss program for the mind.

I'm still thinking about my options, but I am probably on the right track. I think I need to move from children back to adults and give it another try. It is important to find the right fit!  


No comments:

Post a Comment