Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Be that

I saw a Facebook post this morning that really got my attention. It was: "Be the things you loved most about the people who are gone." I realized that it is so easy to dwell on the things we didn't like about those people and I started thinking about the positives.

My mother for instance was a very negative person, but she was hard working and very creative.
My father was what I have referred to as a milk toast person, but he was a very good cook.
My maternal grandmother was a very generous soul and loved to help others.
My maternal grandfather was non-judgemental and looked for the good in others.
My paternal grandmother was also creative and seemed to care about her family.
An older woman, who some people called noisy because of her humor and ability to laugh, became a really good friend. 
I also have had a couple of male friends who may not be deceased, but are no longer in my life. I could clearly see the souls of both and although I knew they wanted to help others grow, they both had unusual ways of doing so.

As I remember the positive energy that I have been offered by others I can see that it has had an influence on my life. I probably have, over the years, adopted the good things without even realizing it. Perhaps we should all look for the positives instead of the negatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment