Sunday, February 9, 2020

A fitting expresion

I love the expression, "There is more than one way to skin a cat" I know it came from somewhere, but I don't remember where.

For some time I have been frustrated with trying to encourage members of my online writing group, "Let's Chat" to participate in sharing their thoughts. If you are going to belong to a writing group- write. As my mother would have said, "Do it or get off the pot!"

So today I decided to check around on Facebook and see if there are any other writing groups that I could join. I found one that invited writers to join. It is simply called, "Creative Writing". It is very fast paced and I decided to check it out. It seems to include writers of all ages and opinions. I am not leaving my group behind, but I am getting tired of trying to inspire them. I needed something to inspire me to move on!

This morning I posted a quote from the author, Jodi Picoult in my group. It was: "You can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page". Will they get the message? I doubt it, but at least I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment