Thursday, February 27, 2020

Can you hear me?

Today is an expensive day. I get to pick up my new hearing aids this afternoon. They are a little more expensive then the ones I started with six years ago, but I have been told the technology has greatly improved. It will be nice to actually hear what the actors on TV programs are saying instead of guessing.

A few months ago I ordered a pair online- what a mistake that was! Everyone's ear canals are different and a mold needs to be made to make the hearing aids fit properly. I should have remembered that. Cheap is not always the best answer. It took me four months to get a refund from Nano Hearing Aids for the cheap pair that didn't fit right. Live and learn!

Livingston Hearing Aids has an office in my town and they are available twice a week. I get actual hands on treatment, which is great even when there isn't a problem. It's nice to go into an office where everyone knows your name. So even though today will be expensive it will be worth the trip and I am looking forward to being able to properly hear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment