Thursday, February 20, 2020

A universal lesson

Mercury is doing its thing once again. I usually don't pay much attention to its coming and going and just use it as a time to pay attention to communication. This time around it seems to be testing me and instead of making me angry it is making me laugh, just a little.

Mercury began the current journey on 2/16/20 and it is now 2/20/20. I have had some interesting things happen in the last few days. First I heard three loud beeps in my house and I couldn't figure out what it was. I checked my computer and my phone and nothing. The beeps sounded a second time. I mentioned it to a friend who suggested it might be a smoke detector warning that the battery was low. That sounded reasonable so I watched for the flashing light on one and saw none. I changed the battery and the light again began to flash, Done- thanks!

Next, as I sat down at my computer I saw that the desk lamp was burnt out. Easily fixed, I changed the light bulb. And then I had light!

Next my Kindle, which I had just charged refused to work. I mentioned it to my son who said he would check it out when he came home after work. In the meantime I charged my original Kindle and  it worked fine. Nice to know I had a backup. The new Kindle just needed to be programmed and is now working fine. Thank you Jeff!

Noticing what I thought was the sound of water under a floor vent, we turned off the water and the noise stopped. As soon as possible I left a message with my trusted plumber. I was right. He installed a new pipe to the bathtub in the guest bathroom. I got it fixed right away because I made the call right away!

This morning I noticed a large increase in a utility bill and wasn't sure why. Wanting an answer I called the company right away to ask. The explanation made sense and the charge will decrease next month.

All the things that have happened seem to me to be a test to see if I am paying attention. I get it and I am, so knock it off already! You do your thing and I will do mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment