Friday, March 18, 2011

A Forever Hug

Everyone dreams and sometimes we wake up remembering the dream. I am aware that dreams help us live our lives. It is a time when our conscious mind rests so that our sub-conscious can receive instructions from the universe. It is a rare experience for me to remember a dream, but it happened last night.

Lately I have been feeling a little detached and wondering if what I am doing is what I am supposed to do. At the same time I have verbalized to God/Source that I am now willing to stop resisting whatever my role is in the current transition movement. It left me feeling somewhat ungrounded and in serious need of a hug.

Last night I dreamt that a male guide came to untangle the dilemma I had created for myself. Although I did not see his face I was aware of a very strong protective presence that had been sent to assure me that all is well and going exactly as planned. The details of the dream are sketchy, much like the way I write, simple and to the point.

In one scene we were at a gathering of some sort. My guide and I were sitting on a couch, his arm protectively around my shoulder, listening to several people who were saying unkind things about me. In another I thought I recognized one of my new spiritual friends, but later realized that she just symbolized the group of people I now associate with.

The last scene took place in a huge stadium of some sort filled with hundreds of people I didn’t know. My guide moved toward me and gave me the warmest most loving hug I have ever experienced. Without warning, he was gone. I was briefly startled and fearful of what was to come next.

When I woke up I remembered the love I had felt from the universal hug. I thought about the dream for a long time before getting up. I knew all I had to do was remember the love and I would never feel alone or fearful again. The hug was meant to last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara!

    What a Beautiful dream and the receiving of LOVE from the higher realm!

    I have had this experience in waking life.
    I was in deep sadness sometime ago and suddenly out of nowhere, I felt this hand on my shoulder and a profound sense of calmness and everlasting love go through me.

    In that 'Moment' all my pain was taken away and everything seemed so clear.

    This feeling never escapes you as it comes from God.

    That was the day, I was in my early thirties, when I Knew that I was Never Alone!

    I love your dream Barbara!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my dream too Maria. In this time of universal transition it is important to know you are loved and protected from "higher up"!

    ReplyDelete