Saturday, March 26, 2011

Don't Assume It's Your Fault

I was happily walking along my path picking up knowledge from the universe. My mind went over my list of friends/family and I noticed one or two no longer communicate. My first thought was, what did I do to cause this. That's the way I used to think, but now I do not assume it is my fault.

Having a tendency to say/write what I think does occasionally piss others off. Tough! At my age I have earned the right to freely express my views.

There are many reasons why someone might cease to communicate. They could just be tied up with their own problems and don't have time for me.


I just can't assume anything about anyone else. It is often just a matter of time before the other person makes an appearance and it's even possible that they could apologize for their absence. Good! Let them take responsibility for their own actions. I am only responsible for mine.

...but then there is always the possibility that I may never hear from them again and I simply cannot assume it is my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment