Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Change in Attitude

Following my intuition yesterday I decided to give Social Security another chance and tried again to find out from a human why an unexpected deposit had been made in my checking account. Remembering my previous attempt to get past the electronic being, prepared me for the questions it would ask.

Success!! I was actually put on hold and within a reasonable amount of time a real voice asked, "Can I help you?" My response was, "I sure hope so." During our pleasant conversation I was assured that not only was the deposit mine, there was also an increase in my monthly benefit. The paper work just had not caught up with the deposit and still hasn't today.

Interestingly, as I was driving into town yesterday I noticed that my car was veering to the right and instead of ignoring it I had my tires checked. Intuition is such a great guide when you actually pay attention. I was told my front tires were badly worn and needed to be replaced. Because I knew I had just been given money I didn't know I had the news didn't even phase me. My car behaves much better riding on two brand new tires.

Later in the day my key would not start the car, which was parked in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Of course, my first thought was- not again! My last car had a problem with the ignition mechanism and had to be worked on. My second thought was- wait a minute maybe it's the key. I fished out a duplicate I had in my purse and the car started right up. After comparing both keys it was apparent that the original key was badly worn just like my tires. If I had not followed my intuition and checked both the tires and the key yesterday could have been a very expensive day.

Sometimes a simple change in attitude reaps unexpected benefits.

3 comments:

  1. It is Wonderful Barbara how the universe is supporting all that you need!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :):):) All in this Moment my friend!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete