Thursday, March 17, 2011

Copy Cats

Yesterday I had a small number of kids in my creative writing group. I had one 6th grader and three in 3rd grade. Spring break starts Monday and I don't think their minds were on writing. I pretty much just let them have fun with the assignments I offered.

Previously, I had a problem with them copying from each other. Yesterday I just ignored the tendency to see what would happen. I noticed while they were doing a word search paper that they were helping each other find the words. I even participated, assisting the younger ones with their struggle. When everyone was finished they all felt good about their personal contribution to the whole.

There is a lesson to share here teacher!

Wouldn't it be great if the entire world worked like this? Everyone sharing their little bit of knowledge with everyone else, making the planet a more loving place to inhabit for all.

One would have to live in a cave not to see that the universe is changing and the goal is to really get the fact that we are one. We all came from the same place and have something valuable to contribute, but not everyone will be willing to listen and allow the message to sink in.

For some reason and I'm blaming it on my muse, the words to the song "the more we get together the happier we'll be" just popped into my mind!

Keep sharing keep helping, 'cause every little bit counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment