Thursday, February 3, 2011

Water Water

I followed my intuition plus added everything I know about avoiding freezing water pipes, but one section under my house has been frozen since yesterday morning. There wasn't much I could do except think happy thoughts and picture the pipes thawing. Nothing seemed to be changed this morning until about 10:00 A.M. when I heard a very loud noise under the house. Yep the pipe had burst and water was, I imagined, pouring out.

During the last few years I have had much practice with broken water pipes so my first move was to go outside in the freezing cold, remove the door to my water closet and turn off the water to the house. Next I called a plumber, who of course didn't answer his phone. I'm sure I am not the only one of my neighbors with a similar problem. I left a clear message detailing my situation.

I then decided I had better go to the store and pick up some extra drinking water just in case. While there I noticed that a young friend of mine who has in the past repaired my pipes had the day off. When I got home I called his number and reached his wife, who was very understanding of my situation. She promised to relay the message to her husband when he returned from an errand.

Well my dear Universe I have done all I can from this end, the rest is up to you. Although I would have plenty of running water if I turned it back on, I have no desire to live under my house. Do something please!

No comments:

Post a Comment