Monday, February 7, 2011

Re-thinking is Good!

A couple of days ago I found a quote on a blogger post that I thought was very wise when I read it. I passed it along as a facebook post and received several positive comments. Thinking, this is really good, I used it as my opening statement in an email to a friend. He inspired me to re-think my words.

The statement I was led to re-think was: From your perspective I can see why you think as you do, but I'm not responsible for the way you think. I am only responsible for the way I think. Anyone see anything wrong with this?

After re-thinking, the glare from the arrogance was blinding me! Unless we have lived the life of another and experienced their experiences,there is no possible way one person can know what the perspective of anyone else is.

From my own perspective and experiences I can understand how I believe another might think/feel, but that is as close as it gets.

This is why I think it is so important for people to share experiences by the simple act of communication. It is one of the big reasons I write my blog; to share my everyday experiences with the hope of inspiring another to re-think things that happen to them.

Thanks Gabriel!

No comments:

Post a Comment