Saturday, April 13, 2019

Who is in control?

Recently a message floated by me that I reached out and caught. The message was: It is not my responsibility to heal, save, punish or control other people.

It reminded me of something a massage therapist said to me a few years ago. "You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders."

Sounds a bit like a control freak to me. I am always trying to fix people, get them to see that they could be better than they are.

A friend once said the road to perfectionism is an attachment to outcome. I suppose that is very true. The problem with that is the universe is always creating obstacles. It seems nothing ever turns out exactly the way I believe it will.

A few months ago I submitted a poem I had written several years ago. It was a poem that I believe came from my soul, as it was in my mind one morning when I woke up. I rushed to write it down before I forgot the words. Over the years it has had many titles, but the current one is Pure Love. I really thought it would win, considering where it came from. It didn't even place. Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed in the outcome.

I suppose the point of my little rant is, I am not in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment