Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Just do it

I have been trying to find someone to help me with some yard work with no luck. I had managed to remove the majority of weeds in the front and back yards of my house. One of the remaining tasks was a fifty foot strip of gravel in my front yard that housed a new growth of weeds. I had been putting it off because with spinal stenosis it is difficult for me to attack them.

This morning I decided enough is enough and I set out to do it myself. I got all the tools ready and began the tedious job. Instead of kneeling down or bending over, which hurts my knees and back, I use two alternating foam knee pads to sit on and just move around the area from one end to the other.

I was about 3/4 of the way finished with the job when a car stopped on the street side of the chain link fence. A man yelled at me that he thought I had fallen and he was going to help. I yelled back, "I was just tying to get these freaking weeds out of the gravel, but thanks for stopping."

To make a long story short, the weeds are gone and I am happy that I stopped waiting for help and did it myself. When my son came home he said the weather was going to change and we are in for several days of cold rain. Anyone who knows me knows I am a big believer in following my intuition. I am wondering if I somehow knew this was the only day I had to get those pesky weeds out of there?

No comments:

Post a Comment