Thursday, April 25, 2019

The same but different

Lately things and people keep coming back into my life, the same but different. It is like they have changed roles. I keep running into people I knew twenty years ago. It is getting a little bit freaky!

For the last week I have stayed away from Future Foundations Family Center, where I usually exercise three times a week. The place has been empty lately and it just isn't any fun having a conversation with a room full of machines.

This morning I decided to give it another try. As I entered the fitness room I saw two real live people. Yay! After awhile I realized I had met the couple before. Last year they offered classes on how to use a bow & arrow to the kids who participate in the summer program. I had a chance to touch base with them during the half hour that I used the machines. I was informed that they were going to offer the class again this year.

After they left I remembered an angel oracle card I had pulled this morning. It was: New Partner. A chance meeting is no mistake. It is Divinely orchestrated as a catalyst to set the wheels in motion for the fruition of your prayers. Pay careful attention to new people we send into your life. You will recognize them by your sense of familiarity, comfort and safety. 

On the way home I began thinking about the Children's Writing Camp I had offered at the center in previous years. The last one I did was 2014. I began tossing around the idea that perhaps it was time to do another. I have learned a lot in the last four years and that would help make another camp better than the last one. Also the staff at Futures is completely new and the camp would be directed at a new batch of students.

I even went so far as to dig up a copy of my resume, which has also been updated and print out a temporary flyer for a 2019 Writing Camp.

Will I take the next step and present my idea to the staff? Perhaps.




No comments:

Post a Comment