Friday, April 26, 2019

Are you a writer?

Recently the following came through my news feed and it caused me to give it some thought. Paraphrased it said: My advice to young writers is just do it. A writer is a person who is writing, not a person who is publishing.

Over the last twenty years I have written and written. Although I have been published in more than one form, the money I have earned writing wouldn't fill a thimble. I just realized, I don't give a damn!

I don't believe I was put on this earth to make a living writing!

It is my job to inspire others to write. Let them make the money, or not. That has nothing to do with me. Personal experience tells me it is cleansing to get it out of your head and write it down, creating room for new experiences.

Just write!

No comments:

Post a Comment