Sunday, April 7, 2019

Friendship

Lately I have been having problems inspiring the members of my online writing group, "Write On", to write. The current prompt is, describe a friend, which I thought would encourage members to write. I mean everyone has at least one friend- right? Even getting feedback on what others write is like trying to take food away from a hungry dog!

In desperation I asked the question, what quality is most important in a friend? I did actually get a couple of members to come out from the rock they were hiding behind and respond. The answers to my question were: loyalty, respect, honesty, trust, compassion, genuine, empathy and support.

The answers led me to check out my good friend, Brainy Quotes, to see what I could find. I found some wonderful quotes and I would like to share a few with my readers.  

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.~Helen Keller

A friend is someone who walks into your life when the rest of the world walks out.~Walter Winchell

A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeable.~ William Penn

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.~Henry Ford

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.~Elbert Hubbard

A friend is a gift you give yourself.~Robert Louis Stevenson

Friendship is one mind i8n two bodies.~Mencius

For prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God.~Saint Teresa of Avila 

So there you have it! I have always known there is more than one way to "skin a cat"!

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment