Saturday, January 19, 2019

Who do you call?

As the saying goes, "if it isn't one thing it's another". I think my relationship with my 43 year old manufactured home proves that. There is also another saying that fits,"be careful what you ask for, you just might get it".

It's a good thing I have learned to accept what is and do the best that I can to adjust. It's also a good thing that I live in a small town and am on a first name basis with a plumber and repairman. Demetrio Chavez of Chavez Plumbing and Sammy Garcia of Garcia Services are my local go to people when something happens that I can't fix.

Back in 1999 my husband and I mutually divorced. I wanted the house and I got it. Had I known then what it would cost in repairs and renovations over the years I might have opted for an apartment and let him have the house. Too late now. It is not much fun being a senior citizen on a Social Security income when major things happen.

Over the last few years I have spent a ton of money on plumbing repairs, which seem to have stopped. Every time Demetrio fixes a leak he says, "We will get to the end sometime". Added to the water pipes was the major expense of a new leach line last summer. Just what I needed! Hopefully, that takes care of the below for awhile at least.

Out of the blue yesterday I noticed the master bathroom ceiling was leaking water all over the place. No!! I already knew I have to have a new roof put on next spring, but I had hoped that nothing bad would happen before then. Well it did! At the moment I have the ceiling propped up so it won't collapse. I know nothing cam be done about it until the roof dries out. I called Sammy and he will see what he can do about a temporary fix this afternoon.

This morning I am feeling kind of proud of myself. I did what I could do last night to keep the problem from getting worse and learning from experience I knew exactly who to call this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment