Saturday, January 5, 2019

New recipie-new year

This first weekend of the new year has started off so quiet I want to scream! It seems change is coming, but does it have to be so slow?

While waiting for something to happen I decided to check out a new recipe. for more years than I can remember I have used a tried and true recipe for fresh apple cake. Recently I found another one that caught my eye. The ingredients were different and I decided to try it out. It is delicious!

Cinnamon Apple Cake
2 cups flour                                             2 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil                                  1 Tbl.cinnamon
1 cup dark brown sugar                           1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup white sugar                                  1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts                          1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 large apple, peeled and chopped            1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a 9" round or square cake pan.
Mix together eggs and oil, add cinnamon, sugars and vanilla.
Add the flour, salt, baking powder and soda, fold in apples and nuts.
Pour into greased pan, bake for 45 minutes.

Sometimes it's good to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment