Thursday, January 10, 2019

Feeling frustrated

I have been feeling frustrated lately because I would like to be an artist, but I am not. I do all kinds of artistic things, but drawing a picture is not one of them. I have done one or two that I am proud of, which led me to believe that I had some hidden artistic ability.

In frustration I pretty much just gave up. Strolling through Amazon with an eye toward what I should use my Christmas gift card for, I decided to order some interesting two sided brush pens. One end is a brush and the other end is meant for detail coloring. I also ordered an interesting set of gel pens to go along with a whole bag of leftover colored pencils I had on hand.

So now I had all these colors to work with, I asked myself what was I going to do with them?
Well I took the next step and ordered a new adult coloring book. It turned out to be the best investment I had ever purchased for myself. I love it! Even though I can't draw I can paint to my heart's content. The pictures in this book are wonderful and I love having such a wide variety of paints and colors to choose from. It is also very relaxing to spend time on a picture rather than worrying about current issues.

This is the first of my effort:
This is the one I finished today. I like it because all the flowers are the same design, but I had fun choosing the colors to make them come alive.
A bonus to this book is that each picture has an inspirational quote, which makes it especially nice for me. Perhaps the Universe was saying, "It's time to focus on yourself. I am no longer frustrated because I am not an artist. I apparently have a great sense of color!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment