Sunday, January 27, 2019

What's new?

My writing group "Write On" seemed to be dragging a bit. I knew it needed something to jazz it up, but what I wondered? It was actually getting a bit boring.Then I remembered a fun activity I used when I had a writing camp for children. I copied a bunch of funny animal pictures and asked them to caption them. They loved it!

Yesterday I checked my photos and found this one. I knew I had saved it for a reason!

This was one of three I selected to choose from. I thought it was just funny enough to get the attention of the group. The captions that have been shared so far are:
Now what?
Where am I?
Are you my mother?
Put me back
Morning already?

I am also thinking, I'm cold, I changed my mind and no way Jose!

The day is still young and I am sure the group will come up with more before it is over. In looking at the captions I realized that if a new born baby could talk, he/she just might ask these questions or make these statements.

I further realized the whole idea is a great one for a humorous story. Writers need to grab whatever is out there to add color to their chosen field.

No comments:

Post a Comment