Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A message

Every once in a while I see something that I know is meant for me. This happened a couple of days ago when an unexpected message made itself known to me. The message was:

You don't have to be positive all the time. It is perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn't make you a negative person; it makes you human.

I have a couple of friends who think I shouldn't make waves. No matter what happens I should remain the positive person they think I should be. I might add here that both of these dear souls are quite a bit younger than I am and therefore have not had nearly the number of experiences that I have had.

Recently I have been watching new episodes of Grace and Frankie. I love the show because I can relate to the situations that are portrayed, especially those about family relationships. They are not always perfect with loads of love for all generations. Sometimes the relationships just suck! I love the new mantra Grace and Frankie seem to have adopted this season, fuck it! I have been seriously thinking about using it myself.

There comes a time when "nice" just doesn't fit anymore. Seriously, one can take just so much shit before rebellion sets in. Being frustrated and angry becomes quite understandable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment