Sunday, January 13, 2019

To join or not to join?

There are so many groups on Facebook it is hard to decide which ones suit what I am interested in. For awhile I was a member of one that dealt with estrangement between parents and adult children. I finally had to leave it behind when it became too depressing. I did pick up a couple of new friends before I left the group though. I left when I finally realized that there is not a thing I can do about family members who can't get over whatever they have against me. It's their life and there choice.  I choose to let them be!

I also joined a group dealing with chronic pain. Not only have I picked up several new friends, but the information shared in the posts is very helpful to me.I also have the opportunity to share things that pop up that seem to apply to the group in general. Some of the posts others share help me to see that whatever pains I might have are nothing compared to those others deal with on a daily basis. It's kind of a wake up call to remember to be grateful. Again, joining this group gave me some wonderful new friends whom I might never have had the opportunity to know.

Recently, a long time friend asked me to join her small spiritual site. It has allowed me to share some of my spirit photos and get feedback from like minded members. Because the group is small and there isn't much going on I also checked out some other spiritual sites that Facebook has to offer. One kind of caught my eye. I answered the required questions and soon was accepted as a member. That lasted about  five minutes. After I was able to check it out I realized it had nothing to offer me and I clicked leave group. I'm sure the administrator is still wondering what happened.

I am very happy with the writing group I created three months ago. It is still very young and I wish more members would actually write, but the reason for its existence is still there. I want to inspire others to write. Some will and some will not no matter what I do.That is not up to me.

Perhaps, the three groups I am associated with are enough for now. One is spiritual, one is physical and one is mental. That pretty much takes care of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment