Saturday, January 12, 2019

A strange experience

Yesterday I decided to get a couple gallons of water from an outside machine. I had noticed someone was taking two five gallon containers into the grocery store and I didn't want to wait for them to fill them up.

I put the first gallon container under the tap, put in the coins and pushed the appropriate button. All went well. I put the cap on and set it aside.

I put the second container under the tap, put in two quarters, which was the only change I had left. The water is 35 cents. Before the water had time to come out I noticed I had not taken the cap off the container. Yikes! I was able to get it off before the downfall of water went all over the place. Because I was distracted I didn't remove my change from the machine. A fact I didn't realize until I was on my way home. Oh well it's only 15 cents, I thought.

A couple of hours later I saw something shiny on my living room carpet. When I bent down to investigate I found it was a dime and a nickle. Seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment