Wednesday, January 30, 2019

If I won a million dollars

I think about this every time I play the lottery when mega bucks are up for grabs.My question to myself is always, "Do I really need a million dollars?" The answer is always NO!

A little extra money would be nice to finish the upgrades on my house that will simply have to wait until I have saved enough to pay for them. Even if I had a million dollars I would not move. This has been my house for twenty years and I am the only one who has made it a home.

If I did win a million dollars, the very first thing I would do is set up some kind of an account that would guarantee an income for the remainder of my life. I never ever want to depend on another soul to survive.

As far as giving money away, the only place I would consider giving it to is our local family center. I have lived in Grants, NM since 1980 and I believe it is the best thing that ever happened to my little town. It keeps kids, from elementary school to mid school age, off the streets after school and provides a safe place for them during the summer. It also provides jobs for teens who desire to earn their own money. The facility also benefits senior citizens, offering a free gym for walking and a fitness room, for the unreal sum of $25 a year. Giving Future Foundations Family Center a big chunk of money, so they wouldn't have to beg anyone for it, would be my pleasure.

I probably won't ever win a million dollars, but if I did this is what I would do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment