Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just a Little Can

Today I am going to talk about a little can that could go a long ways to helping you with your problems.

In 1998 I was an Avon representative. One day an unusual product became available. It so intrigued me that I ordered one and have never been sorry that I did. It was a cassette (you remember those?) with a little item called the "God Can". It was created by Rev. Mary Manin Morrissey, who at the time operated the Living Enrichment Center near Portland, Oregon. Over the years she has faced many challenges, but always keeps her head up and absolutely knows that she is connected to her higher power. I have a great deal of respect for this woman.

Several things happened yesterday that caused me to dig up the cassette, long ago put aside, and once again listen to the voice of an angel. Mary's idea with the God Can was so simple anyone can do it. You simply write out your worries, problems, the things you cannot handle alone and with reverence; place them in the can. You have just let go of your problem and turned it over to God to take care of. Of course, the kit came with it's own little can, but any can will do. The idea is you can't take what you wrote back.

I have had some serious worries lately that I cannot handle alone, which even led to physical pain over the weekend. I am not going to bore you with the details because they matter to nobody but me. Sunday I began having severe stomach pains and eventually some vomiting. It could have been food poisoning, but my intuition tells me I brought it on myself. In desperation I left a message for my estranged daughter and asked for some ginger ale. Eventually, my request was granted and my grandson, speaking of angels, brought me a couple of cans of ginger soda. It did the trick and my pains subsided almost immediately after consuming the contents of one of the cans.

I never buy cans of soda, so it was a novelty to have one in my refrigerator last night. After listening to Mary's tape, I drank the contents of that little can, covered it with a piece of parchment paper I had saved, wrote out three issues I am having a problem dealing with and reverently dropped them one by one into my new God Can. They are no longer my problems. I let go of them and turned them over to my Creator.

If you think a little can will help you, try it for yourself. It's better than tossing it in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment