Friday, July 1, 2011

Freedom to Be

I've been thinking about what freedom means to me on this Independence Day weekend.

What has taken me the longest to see is that I am most thankful for the freedom to be me.

Although I am no longer responsible for the care of breathing beings, except for my two cats, it doesn't have anything to do with the freedom I now feel. (BTW my furry friends will celebrate their birthdays this month, Ebony will be 7 and her son, Smokey will be 6.)

The freedom I feel is the ability to take whatever comes my way and make it mine, however I choose to do that. Most of my life I tried hard to fit in and do things the way THEY said they should be done. That isn't me and it never was.

So from this day forward I am going to simply appreciate the gift of freedom to be me that I have worked very hard to earn.

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment