Sunday, July 3, 2011

Detachment/Attachment

When you don’t like the way your life is going you can detach from all the energies that are causing you to be unhappy. That includes people, places and things. You can just dump everything and start over with a blank canvas, taking with you the lessons you have learned. You can detach from everything human, but you can never detach from your attachment with your soul.

Most people rarely give much thought to their souls. I guess they think they were just plopped here on this planet, with the assistance of a male and a female just doing their thing. I used to think that too, until I consciously connected to the essence of who I really am and will always be. The soul is what connects me to the oneness of eternity. It is the reason that whatever happens I am always attached.

Holidays are very hard for me because I spend them alone. Sure, I have friends who care, but they are not physically present. Yesterday I began feeling sorry for myself wondering why circumstances have placed me in this lonely position. I know I’m not a terrible person who deserves to be punished. That’s just plain silly.

The lesson is for me to realize that even though it seems so, complete detachment is simply not possible. I am always attached, even when I temporarily forget that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment