Friday, July 8, 2011

Stress

Even though your life is full of stress it is how you react to it that will cause you problems. Because of blood pressure issues that I have experienced this week I have had to take a look at what is causing stress in my life.

Financial worries are a constant problem when your income rests on Social Security. Owning a house and trying to keep things fixed only adds to the problem. Unless God gives me the winning numbers for the NM Lottery or a rich relative dies that I don't know about I am pretty much stuck with what I have. Since I don't owe anyone anything I guess I must be doing something right. It sure would be nice to have some extras though.

Next there are relationship problems. Now there's a tricky one. It has been a life long pattern for me to take the blame. My soul mind says, "just let it go". My human ego says, "why can't I make that idiot see how wrong she/he is?" I don't wish the person any harm, but it is very hard for me to see that the person is providing a lesson needed for my soul to evolve. A lesson we both agreed to once upon a time. Possibly there was a little insanity in a previous life.

Worrying about other people's problems and letting them affect my life is a past and present cause of much of my stress. Perhaps it is a leftover from my mother role or maybe it is because I am a recovering control freak. Whatever it is I have to stop doing it and focus on me.

I am sure when I keep my appointment with my family doctor on Monday one of the first things she is going to ask is, "What is causing stress in your life?" I have three days to work on my answer.

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can and
Wisdom to know the difference.
~Reinhold Niebuhr

7 comments:

  1. Great post Barbara! Stress is a terrible thing, and I hope in the coming weeks you'll get your blood pressure down. Exercise and think of this- imagine that you are on the runway in a plane and as the plane starts to take off -and you feel the pull towards the sky-let all your worries roll off you and dissolve behind you. Don't know if I explained this well enough but the imagery really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise that's a great image!! I'm going to try it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara,

    Stress is a way of shaking up your inner world so things can be transformed into what you know in your heart your soul requires.

    My heart and love are with you during these stressful moments.

    I know, for me, crying and speaking about my stressors with those I love and trust is a wonderful release of all the junk that lays dormant deep within from years of unwanted patterns that I learned.

    Walking in nature is a beautiful way to reconnect with your soul and find peace.
    Also trying to stay present with all that is happening and not projecting on the what if's of the past or future, as this only creates more disarray in our minds and hearts.

    Sending you much love and healing Barbara!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maria. It is the what if's that are causing me a problem. When you live alone they can be scary. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know they can be scarey Barbara.

    When I have those moments, I finally reach a point where I just cannot take it anymore (the stress) and in that moment, I feel, is when my release of it all is handed over to God/Universe to take care of it.

    I exhaust all possibilities until I reach my breaking point and have nothing left over to give to the stress. (My pattern)

    Now, it doesn't have to be that way, it is a choice I make sometimes.

    I know deep inside that I am giving the stress way more attention than it needs and most importantly, than it deserves, but sometimes I cannot help myself from falling back into old patterns of living.

    Life truly has taught me that God will Always take care of me when I allow that energy flow through me.

    As soon as I let go, Bam!......God shows up in the most unexpected ways.....!

    And this is the moment when I remember that Trust is my most important lesson in this incarnation!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my posts this week will focus on increasing happiness and decreasing stress.

    Aah . . . that's better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't synchronization cool? BTW I ordered the book you suggested, sounds like fun! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete