Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm Done!

As of this morning I have two published books, Wake Up! & A Gathering of Spirit and two e books, Journey of an Enlightened Egotist & Spirits of Cibola County both available on Amazon. Not a bad showing for ten years of work. I am done- not writing, just writing life stories.

For awhile I am going to focus on writing my blog and let other people take care of doing their own PR. When I finished my first e book in April I sent an email to the editor of the Cibola County Beacon informing him of my accomplishment. He didn't even have the courtesy of replying. I expected something, after all I am a former columnist for the paper. I did not expect nothing!

I had intended to write a few more stories for my second e book, just published yesterday, but over the holiday weekend I had time to think and decided to stop right where I was. I have spent the last 10 years writing my heart out for this town with very little recognition or monetary support. It is time to stop this way of thinking.

One important thing I have learned is you just can't keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment