Sunday, June 5, 2011

Frog Messenger

Yesterday I bought two used books that someone was selling cheap just for the heck of it! One was Before You Leap, A Frog's Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons by none other than Kermit the Frog. The other was Five Years to Freedom, the True Story of a Vietnam POW by James N. Rowe. An odd combination of reading material for sure!

I started flipping through Kermit's book first just because I had never read a book written by a famous frog before. The first part is about his life and how he went from living in a swamp with his 2,353 siblings to becoming a huge TV and movie star. The second part is "Lessons for your Life". This part I am getting back to when I have more time, because I am sure there is a hidden message for me to read.

Then I picked up the POW book and began reading. It did not take me long to realize I would probably not finish this book. I had a feeling this book was purchased for someone else, perhaps my son who has a military career.

Before I put the book down I noticed that there was a bookmark in the middle of it. When I checked it out I found an adorable yellow frog staring at me. I considered it a gift and opened my dream book to see what message he might have brought me. First of all yellow = peace. Frog = Leaping from one situation to another without learning or resolution; you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince.

I have learned through experience that like shoes not every message fits. Although it is true I did leap from one thing to another I also have learned and now resolved many of my past problems. Kissing a lot of frogs to find my prince is a better fit! Also, I will take peace any way it wants to reveal itself.

I wanted to share my little frog messenger, who now adorns my vision board. Cute, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment