Monday, June 13, 2011

Stuff Changes

I found out some interesting news this morning. I obtained a new son-in-law over the weekend. Well he really isn't new- exactly. He and my daughter have been practicing being married for a couple of years and I never knew how to refer to her mate. When he became her fiance it helped a little, but the arrangement was still a bit off. So now I officially have a son-in-law. Welcome Zig and take good care of my daughter and grandson!

Also over the weekend I exited a Facebook group that just did not fit my line of thinking. It was started to offer healing prayers for those facing things like health challenges. The person who set it up decided to add me without my permission, which didn't set well with me. I choose to make my own decisions about what groups to join but, I decided to stick around for a bit just to see what the mindset of the members was.

As I have said before possibly I am a bit weird, but I really do not believe in praying that someone is healed. Yes, I believe in asking that they do not suffer and that they are given the assistance needed to deal with their challenge, but that is not the same as asking that they are healed. What if the challenge is the exact reason the person is living a human life? To pray that they are healed would be interfering with their purpose.

I had a conversation with someone not too long ago about her former husband which might add to this thought. Her husband had cancer and she said, "I prayed and prayed that he would be healed and he died." I said, "But he was healed." I believe we need to keep in mind that God's idea of healing may not be the same as ours. Our view is human not divine.

Another friend of mine, Barbara Hocker, lived most of her life as a diabetic. She dealt with amputations, dialysis, hospital stays and about everything one could survive as a diabetic. She accepted it all and was a positive role model to everyone that knew her. She was my friend for 15 years and in all that time I never felt a need to pray that she was healed. She lived her life exactly the way she knew she was supposed to until the day God/Source decided to heal her for good.

One more example of healing prayers, was my friend Jack, who was dying of a brain tumor. I prayed and prayed for him until one day I told his wife I didn't know what to pray for anymore. She said, "Pray for him to have peace." It was not long before his pain was over.

Remembering these personal experiences, I quietly left the healing group, knowing it was the right thing to do for me. Following this step I also one by one deleted several other FB groups I had joined in the past. Apparently I had outgrown them because it felt like I had just let go of a lot of unnecessary baggage.

I prefer to start each day with a simple expression of gratitude that I have been given the opportunity to live a human life with all its changing lessons that are meant to evolve my divine soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment