Sunday, May 1, 2011

Editor at Large

If I had known how much fun editing material I wrote, say seven years ago, would be I would have done it sooner!

I am very excited about my current project. I am also learning that I am a damn good writer and always have been. The Cibola County Beacon lost a talented columnist when I decided to move on, but I doubt if the editor knows that. Through editing I have discovered that I have learned much in my journalistic travels that I am now applying to my writing.

Without bragging and just stating facts, I am changing very little from the original material. All it is taking is updating facts here and there and a little tweaking to make the words come alive.

Perhaps I did find the wizard or at least the confident polished writer that was hiding inside, fearing to move into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment