Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's Your Story?

I am really happy to be back writing life stories. It is apparently what I am supposed to be doing. A friend once made the comment, "Don't you hate it when you are the last one to know.?" It always amazes me that I can put a person's entire life on a single piece of paper and that person loves what I accomplished. One of my subjects once said, "You have found the essence of my life."

Since Sunday I have written four new stories. I even wrote one without doing an interview because the person is so busy. Her reaction when she read it was simply, "I love it!" I am always willing to change anything the person is not pleased with.

Writing these personal stories again with the purpose of celebrating the lives of the spirits of Cibola County reminds me how different yet how alike we all are. It is a mind boggling realization. Everyone has been given their own challenges and the freedom to choose how to deal with them.

In writing my new stories I clearly see that I am being led to a slightly different mindset than came out in the original 60 stories that I wrote a few years ago. This is a good thing. It means my old fashioned western town is finally relaxing and allowing new ideas to emerge. It's about time!

I just stopped by this morning to check in with my readers and now I am off to my morning exercise and then to my next interview. Have fun today living your own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment