Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Way

This has been an interesting week so far. I believe the universal message is access all information available to move forward, then stop, evaluate and use my intuition to do things my way.

I was not born a sheep and have learned through trial and error to trust my inner voice. When something doesn't feel right there is always a reason, presenting itself as a lesson to be learned or ignored. When it is ignored I usually find myself saying, that was really stupid or asking do I really want to go through this experience again?

For two weeks I drove myself to write to the point of causing physical pain, which led me to my trusted chiropractor. Today I am rethinking what I am doing. I realized that there is no need to push myself so hard. Recounting the stories I have already finished caused me to see that I probably only need three more to accomplish what I set out to do, which was celebrate the lives of the people who live in Cibola County and promote the area to prospective tourists.

If I just added 3 it would bring the total to 66, which is a memorable number in this part of the country. It brings to mind the famous Route 66. I wonder why I didn't think of that earlier. Sometimes I really am the last one to know!

The inspiration for this post came from another new Facebook friend who shared the story of her husband's method of prayer before he died of a terminal illness. He didn't bother with organized prayers or rituals, he simply talked to God in his own words.

Her post really brought home an important message for me, which is stop trying to do things the way everyone else does them and just do them your way. Not only are you not a sheep, there is no absolute right or wrong way to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment