Monday, May 23, 2011

An Unexpected Lesson

Lessons come wrapped in all kinds of packages until we learn them. Last night the universe apparently decided I needed yet another experience to pound into my head that I am only responsible for me.

Recently I found a web page for a tiny set of twins, born at 24 weeks in Middlesbrough, United Kingdom. It said the mother had set up the site to keep people informed on the progress of the girls, named Ava and Bella. When I saw it I couldn't resist the photo of them cuddled on their mother's chest. I immediately added them to my Facebook friend list. I also sent a suggestion to several of my friends to do the same. Sixteen others accepted.

Yesterday I suggested the connection to a brand new FB friend and almost immediately my antenna went up. I noticed the twin's friend list had grown by leaps and bounds, attracting people from all over the world. There were sometimes references made about donations to the hospital and suggestions to followers to have fund-raising events. All of a sudden the thought surfaced, "Is this a scam?"

Wondering if I had led my compassionate friends astray I sent a message to my newest friend to see what she thought, because she appeared to be very intuitive. She did feel it was a bit set up, but she also pointed out that each of us have a choice whether to donate or not.

Between us we checked out the information and it is authentic. The Scietekat babies are residents of James Cook Hospital, until at least July 2011. They are doing very well, considering their traumatic arrival and tomorrow they will be three weeks old. I plan on sending positive loving energy to these brave souls who are fighting to live.

The lesson for me was, I can give information to others based on my own experiences, but it is their choice what to do with it. Taking this a step further I have also been wondering how to address the devastating earthquakes, floods and other disasters that are occurring around the world. I feel bad for the lives that have been lost, but I am not in a position to be of financial help. All I can do is send out positive healing energy to those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment