Monday, August 9, 2010

Now What?


"it may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." ~C.S. Lewis

Many of my fellow bloggers have touched on the subject of letting go of the past, forgiving and acknowledging who we really are. Most of my life I have hidden behind other people afraid to move out into the world alone.

I have been a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother. As such I have survived many negative experiences during my life. Some were caused by others and some I caused myself. I am still alive and well.

On this day in my life it is time to drop all the labels, excuses, temporary job titles and start over as if this is the first day of my life on this planet called earth.

Now what? I have no idea what comes next, but I am sick of reliving what was and I am ready for something spectacular. Bring it on I am tired of ordinary!

"If we don't change we don't grow. If we don't grow, we really aren't living". ~Gail Sheely

2 comments:

  1. But you're going to have some fun finding out, yes? Go on, ya good thing!!

    ReplyDelete