Thursday, August 12, 2010

Assembly Line People?

God doesn't operate an assembly line, shooting out humans left and right. We all get to have our own identity from the inside out. Like snowflakes, no two people are exactly alike, but we all interact with each other.

This fact came to mind this morning as I was using hand clippers to eliminate the tall clumps of grass on the street side of my property. Most of my neighbors have ride on mowers, a fact that made me slightly angry as I looked up the street and observed that my grass was the only one needing a haircut. Everyone knows I live alone and have no help. I would think someone could just notice my predicament and choose to be a good neighbor.

I was thinking that thought as a white van stopped across the street and a man got out. Wow I thought just maybe he felt sorry for me and was going to offer to help, maybe even bring a mower! He came over to where I was and said, "Looks like you're working hard!" I replied, "Well somebody has to do it." Under my breath I added, "My magic wand broke!" Then my Prince Charming handed me a new phone book. I wanted to throw it at him!

Oh well, the offensive clumps are now gone even if I did have to do it the hard way with a very primitive tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment