Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Love Should Be Enough

This morning I read a post from a fellow blogger, claiming to share God's messages. At first I agreed with what I got from it, but then as the day went on I changed my mind. The post dealt with the subject of humans looking for love other than that coming from God.

The whole message seemed to be, why should we seek love from the world when we already have all we need- God's love? The quote that made me a bit angry was, "You have the King's love and you rummage in the streets for handouts." To me it sounded like a very self-centered, controlling, jealous master. That isn't my interpretation of my Creator and it is difficult to fathom that it came from God. It would be the same as a parent saying to their child, "I gave you life, you don't need love from anyone else."

Isn't experiencing love in all its forms the reason we are living a human life? How else can we evolve our souls I wonder?

2 comments:

  1. I quite agree. There are moments when I think literal interpretation of the Bible's message is taken too far. This is one of those moments. It would be a very lonely world if no one else loved me or you but God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ said that we are to LOVE one another. That sounds like LOVE is an emotion God wants us to share with one another. Also, I would say that if you've read Song of Solomon and you still don't see the beauty of love shared between a man and his wife as beautiful and heavenly then it's a sad day. I didn't read the post, but I think LOVE is the highest gift God gave us to give each other. It's want we are called to do: give and seek it.

    ReplyDelete