Monday, August 23, 2010

More than I Need


For the last three days I have been attacking the weeds in my back yard. Note the stairway to the stars above. I have about 1/4 of an acre behind my house that isn't good for much except weeds. Now I could just ignore them, but that wouldn't be me. The rain we have been having lately is good and bad; although it produces more weeds it also makes the ground soft, which in turn makes them easier to pull. Yes, I said pull. As I mentioned in an earlier post I do not possess modern tools to take care of the problem.

I keep telling God that my property and in fact my 3 bedroom, plus a 20'X 20' addition, mobile home is also more than I need. I would think he would actually be able to see that without my help. My "house" is over 30 years old, but is in good shape. Problem is because it is technically old and a mobile home, known as a trailer by some, I couldn't sell it for enough to move anywhere else. Got the picture? I'm pretty much stuck where I am for now at least. It really is a shame because a family with a kid or two could live here quite comfortably.

In the meantime I do the best I can to keep what I have in good working condition and continue asking God to help me solve my problem. It is quite clear that I definitely have more than I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment