Friday, August 6, 2010

Millie and Me

Lessons often come unexpected. I was walking alone at "Futures" this morning when one of the regulars I hadn't seen for awhile came in. Millie is around my age and has some physical problems, including a hip replacement and a recent auto accident. They cause her to walk much slower than I normally do. Millie and I started talking and began walking.

I slowed my normal pace and my companion stepped hers up just a bit. We had a very pleasant conversation about nothing in particular as we walked around the gym. After awhile another regular came in and Millie took a break to catch up on news. I went back to walking by myself.

After a few laps Millie stopped me,looked at her pedometer and happily announced, "I can't believe we walked a half mile and I was able to keep up with you." I said, "I was trying not to walk too fast." Millie replied, "I know."

What a nice walk and lesson I experienced this morning and it didn't cost a penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment