Saturday, August 14, 2010

Home to Rest


Last night my daughter-in-law, Mary-Ellen Shutiva, gave up her struggle for life and went home to rest. She was the ex-wife of my second son and the mother of my oldest grandchildren; 24 year old twin daughters, Elizabeth and Elaine and 22 year old son, Andrew.

She had recently been diagnosed with kidney disease and had hoped to live out the year. God had other plans for her. God also was very kind in her last hours on earth. The love of Mary-Ellen's life were her children. She adored them and they adored her. Over the years they have kept in constant touch with each other. Elaine and Andrew were at her bedside along with most of her immediate family when she died. She was alert enough to talk to them and Elizabeth, who is expecting her first baby in 3 weeks,via a phone call.

I am grateful to have known her and that we found a way to heal any past wounds we had long before her death. So many times ex's get shoved to the side when there is a divorce. It's like families feel a need to take sides. I know that feeling quite well from my own experience. When I realized that if it were not for her my three older grandchildren would not exist, I offered an olive branch and she took it.

Peace be with you Mary-Ellen. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment