Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends is Friends

Remember the old KFC commercial offering the message "parts is parts"? A piece of chicken is chicken it doesn't matter where it comes from! The message came to mind after reading someone's facebook post this morning. It said, "Today my cup is overflowing with gratitude for all of my friends~ in the real world and on facebook."

We do seem to segregate our friends. There are school friends, work friends, family friends, best friends, boy friends, girl friends and the list goes on and on. They come into our lives for a variety of reasons and stick around for as long as they are meant to be there. Friendship is a gift from God; reminding us that we are not walking our path alone.

Another remember when from the "Laverne and Shirley" TV show:
"Friendship Friendship just a perfect blendship
When other friendships have been forgot
Ours will still be hot."

A friend is one who knows you and loves you anyway. ~Elbert Hubbard

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ~Arnold Glasow

A touching anonymous poem found on the website Best-Quotes-Poems.com

If I Could Catch a Rainbow
If I could catch a Rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you are feeling blue
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea
But all these things I am finding
Are impossible to me
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best
A friend that's always there.

Friends come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but the best friend you will ever have is the one found inside. ~me

2 comments:

  1. Excellent quotes, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy,interesting isn't it how much time we waste looking for something we already have?

    ReplyDelete