Monday, May 24, 2010

Walk On

I have made every effort to balance my being between the ego mind and the soul mind. I am quite aware that every thought creates my reality and that living in the present is the only sensible way to live. I can’t do anything about yesterday except learn from it and tomorrow there is no guarantee that I will be residing in this temporary body. I have been thinking about the path I personally took to get to where I am today. It is an interesting assortment of words offered by others.

First there was the Lord’s Prayer taught to me by my grandmother when I was a child. It was of course, followed by the 10 commandments, when I started attending church.

“Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power
and the glory, for ever and ever.

In recent years I began exploring and it led me to investigating Buddhism through a friend. It seems to be a very peaceful and accepting way to live. All Oriental teachings are very attractive to me.

The Buddhist Path
To lead a moral life,
To be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions,
To develop wisdom and understanding.

Recently I read the Reiki Principles
Just for today I will not be angry.
Just for today I will not worry.
Just for today I will be grateful.
Just for today I will do my work honestly.
Just for today I will be kind to every living thing.

and the ancient Toltec Wisdom’s Four Agreements
Be impeccable with your word.
Don’t take anything personally.
Don’t make assumptions.
Always do your best.

My current rule of thumb is to ask myself if a thought is ego based or soul based. The answer often causes me to stop and reconsider before taking action. The most important words I have learned on my path are our thoughts create our reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment