Friday, May 14, 2010

Lead the Way

Almost every day a bit of information comes my way that I can ignore or access for my personal spiritual education. Most of the time I check it out because I never know where it will lead. Sometimes it is a book, a poem, a photograph or just an inspirational thought shared by a friend.

Recently I was introduced to the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It offers a modern day interpretation of the ancient Toltec Wisdom. Deepak Chopra, author of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, described the book as “a roadmap to enlightenment and freedom.”

Some of the other stops I have made on my path to enlightenment are to tap into the thoughts of Abraham-Hicks, Dr. Wayne Dyer, John Holland, James Redfield, Michael Newton, Eckhart Tolle, James Van Praagh, Edgar Cayce, Doreen Virtue and Rev. Mary Manin Morrissey just to name a few. I also have had lengthily “visitations” with several protestant and Catholic churches and participated as a member and officer in three Masonic organizations over the years.

For anyone to suggest I have not given other people’s view a fair shot would be slightly ridicules. There is not one other human, one church or one organization that has all the answers I need to live a perfect life. With so much spiritual information available today it is easy to get sucked into following someone or something claiming their way is THE only way.

I am going to take a break from all that knowledge for awhile and go back to my roots, knowing that my answers come from within and are between me and my Creator. It is the most important voice in my life and the only one I can always trust. Lead the way Father and I will follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment