Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Fun Being Green

Yesterday morning I was greeted by a wonderful message from a new Facebook friend, Michele. She said, “I love the things you write about. Your mind is so open and you are a very intelligent, strong minded, down to earth person. Green is the best way I can describe you.”

Wow what a great message! It is no doubt the most sincere, original, thought provoking compliment I have ever received regarding my writing. The first thing that came to my mind was that today green means clean. It really is an apt description of my writing. I try very hard to eliminate clutter and simply write honest posts for ordinary readers about ordinary things that happen; sometimes to me and sometimes to others.

The next thing that came to my mind was Kermit the Frog. I simply can not resist sharing the words to his famous song.

It’s not easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold
Or something much more colorful like that.

It’s not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
‘cause you’re not standing out
Like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky.

But green’s the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain
Or important like a river
Or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green and I’ll do fine
It’s beautiful, and I think it’s what I want to be.

Now that I have that out of my system, green really is powerful. It is the color for the heart chakra; it symbolizes healing, the life force, balance, nature, fertility and money. It contains the energies of nature, growth and the desire to expand and increase. Green is soothing, alleviates depression and anxiety and offers a sense of harmony. Green veggies are essential for good health and I love green tea.

I think it's fun being green!

No comments:

Post a Comment