Friday, May 7, 2010

A Great Fisherman


In my opinion, there are two kinds of fishermen, one actually fishes for food, the other fishes for the thrill of conquering. I respect the first, but do not understand the philosophy of the second. Catching something just to throw it back makes no sense to me.

There are men, and women, who fish for souls, play games with them for awhile and then cut them loose without any warning. I wonder about those people too. I believe men are more likely to do this kind of fishing just so they can tell the story to their friends. In my experience women are more likely to fish for a keeper. I’m sure both species dream about the special one that got away.

A hook in the mouth or anywhere else hurts and can cause irreversible scaring. If you want to be a great fisherman keep your pole in the water and don’t fish for more than you intend to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment