Thursday, August 1, 2019

Insignificant

Yesterday morning I started my car and the check engine light popped on. Not again I yelled to no one in sight!

As I drove by the auto shop where I usually take the car I saw that there were a ton of cars parked in front. I decided to drive into town because I had some things I needed to do. I crossed my fingers and prayed everything would be alright. Thank heavens it was! I managed to pay a bill, exercise at the family center and stop by the grocery store. The car seemed to be running fine, but the light was still on. Because I had picked up meat I decided to drop off the groceries at my house before I did anything else.

I called the auto shop after I got home, reporting the problem and asked when I could bring the car in to be checked. I was told to bring it in this morning. The mechanic also said maybe it was something insignificant. I replied, "I hope so!"

What a great word! This morning I started the car and as I drove to the shop I kept saying it over and over. I really couldn't afford another big bill right now. The mechanic checked things out and couldn't find anything wrong. He turned the light off and said, "The car seems to be running fine, unless it starts acting up don't worry about it". My answer was, "Do you know how hard it is for me not to worry?" He has known me for a long time.

Now I am wondering if the fact that I was focusing on the word, insignificant, changed the direction of the event?

No comments:

Post a Comment