Saturday, August 24, 2019

My life as a spider


Hello, my name is Salvador. I am an orange spider who lives in Grants, NM. During the winter I hide in the leaf litter in the yard. My body has enough natural antifreeze to keep me warm. If I lived inside I would die from the heat, so I live outside.

I have only lived at this address for a year. I got a message from my brother, Jose, that this was a good place to live. He hangs out on the back porch and I chose the front porch. 

We spiders are known to be industrious and are survivors. It makes me laugh every time the house owner takes a broom and wipes out my web. It makes her fume when the next day I have constructed a new one. It’s a battle that goes on and on. I wish she could appreciate the beauty of my talent and the fact that I keep unwanted bugs from entering her house. Maybe someday we will be on the same page.

Just for the fun of it I recently allowed her to take an amazing night picture of me and my work. It was the least I could do for providing a great place to park my body.

 Inspired, she took the following picture of me in daylight.
And also one of my older brother, Jose.


No comments:

Post a Comment