Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Education

Education comes in all forms and actually lasts our entire human life. I am currently watching the Netflix series, Orange is the New Black. It is about a women's prison and the daily struggles of the inmates. Two of my three children once worked at prisons that housed female inmates so I am finding it interesting. I was already aware that inmates are people first. Some of them only made a single mistake before they were locked up.

This series has made me aware that a whole lot goes on behind the bars than anyone would suspect. I admit I put the nudity and lesbian scenes on the back burner, but I am aware that they exist. They are just not part of my world. The inmates who left children behind are the saddest. The children grow up without mothers to guide them.

I would recommend this series to anyone who desires an education beyond the normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment